Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Roommates

1. Vladik(?). He may be Russian, but I'm not sure. He's a senior engineering major who also works at HP. He spends a lot of time at work and studying and with his girlfriend and I haven't seen in him in about 1.5 weeks.

2. Alon. He's also a senior engineering major. He's in and out. I didn't meet him until almost a week after I'd been here. He's a nice guy, but his English isn't as good as Vladik(?)'s. He seems to have a decent number of friends in the dorms and I've met some of them. Their cool.

Neither of them are the cleanest individuals. My suite has only been sorta cleaned once and that was because one of our counselors asked whose rooms were dirty. I was in the majority of those saying they had dirty rooms and the next day a note appeared on our door from the Av HaBayit, the person in charge of the dorms saying the room needed to be cleaned. I helped too, but there is a lot left to be cleaned. Everything is dirty and my roommates don't really ever do their dishes so they pile up in their awesome grease-filled-ness.

3. Christian. About a week ago, I got a third roommate named Christian. He is German and is here for two months. He is in the second year of medical school in Germany and is here to volunteer in the Hospital on campus, the largest one in Beer Sheva, for his degreee. I like him a lot. He's a bit quiet, but nice and he knows English pretty well.

No comments: