Thursday, November 6, 2008

My Roommate

I got a new roommate about a month ago. Now, I suppose that you may be wondering why I am first writing about this now. Well, he has only really been living here for two weeks and we have only recently really been getting to know each other.

His name is Simeon (spelling?). He was born in Uzbekistan before his family moved to Israel. His mother is orginally from Germany. She knows German, Turkish, Russian, Yiddish, and Hebrew. As you can see, no English. I found this out at some point during his move in when his mother and I tried to have a conversation. We weren't so successful, but she is very nice.

Simeon is a nice guy. He studies a lot and works at Motorolla. He has been good about helping to clean and organize our kitchen( and he brought toilet paper when he moved in, which was needed).

Simeon is going to be in his 4th year when the semester begins. He is taking summer classes now. He is majoring in Communication Systems Engineering.

We recently began to talk more. He has pretty good English and I'm working on my Hebrew. He also roasted his own peanuts the other night. I thought that was pretty cool.

No comments: